Monday, March 23, 2015

A Psalm of David and More Poetry

"The Lord is my light and my salvation: whom shall I fear? The Lord is the strength of my life, of whom shall I be afraid?......
One thing have I desired of the Lord, that will I seek after; that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the Lord, and to enquire in His temple.......
Hear , O Lord, when I cry with my voice: have mercy also upon me, and answer me.
When thou saidst, Seek ye my face: my heart said unto thee, Thy face, Lord, will I seek.
Teach me thy way, O Lord, and lead me in a plain path......
I had fainted, unless I had believed to see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.
Wait on the Lord: be of good courage, and He shall strengthen thy heart: wait, I say, on the Lord."
Psalm 27

O, my pen!
My faithful friend,
You are in my hand again!

Not of landscape,
Between us winter softly stole.
Written thoughts become completed, whole,
I left them their alone.

For the things my heart has known,
I could not share with you.
Things too sad to lay in human view.
Not in pen and ink,

I could not think.
I thought instead that I should pour,
These things before the treasure store
Of grace.

I could not face
The words in black and white,
Instead they left the wing-ed way, in flight.
To be weighed before the Lord.

Now they are stored
Where all our secret prayer and sorrow goes.
And what to do with all of it, He knows,
And I can rest.

And I am blessed.
O, my pen, my faithful friend!
How nice to have you in my hand again!
                                 
                             Written in the spring.

Through all the seasons and times of our lives, God is so good. Even when it doesn't feel like it, He is always near, to keep our foot from falling, teaching us to set our hearts on things above and not on things of the earth.
It's taken awhile, but I can see it now, I am in His perfect will. There is a place and a purpose for me here, and it will be good. Spring will come again to the prairie, the sun will shine warm and there will be color again. 
Yes, winter will come again, but Blue eyes and I will weather it together. All the seasons of life. 
And I will ask God to continue to conform my heart to that of my husband's. So that "whither he goeth, I will go, where he lodgest, I will lodge. His people shall be my people." And together we will serve our God.
 Let us praise Him together for He is good and His mercy endureth forever!

1 comment:

  1. The Psalms are so beautiful! Write more poetry, Em! I'm loving it!

    ReplyDelete