Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Road Trip, Family Reunion, and A Song of Prayer and Praise For My Family

"I will sing of the mercies of the Lord forever: with my mouth will I make known thy faithfulness to all generations. For I have said, Mercy shall be built up forever: thy faithfulness shalt thou establish in the very heavens." Psalm 89: 1,2







My family is huge now, Lord, almost one hundred offspring from The Old Man Boone and his Lady.
All covered in prayer by our grandparents, and those prayers, though old, you've not forgotten.
Now it's our turn to carry the Christ light for the next generation.
And you are faithful, Lord, you are faithful!
I will trust you, Lord, for you are faithful.



You know all things, Lord, you know all things.
You see the healthy, the lost, and the broken.
You feel the secret pain and you've heard the words that never should have been spoken.
But I can trust you, lord, for you are faithful. 
You are faithful, Lord, you are faithful.




Weak marriages, Lord, you can strengthen.
Drifting hearts you are able to bind together once more.
Prideful hearts you are able to humble.
Crooked paths you make straight, Lord, please, heal us.
You are faithful, Lord, you are faithful!
I will trust you, Lord, for you are faithful.








For babies splashing in puddles, I will praise you!
For grinning boys catching fish, I will praise you!
For tea parties and dress up, I will praise you!
For a place of belonging, I will praise you!
In all things, Lord, I will praise you!
You are faithful, Lord, and I will praise you!









The enemy would love to prune our family tree,
Lop off in-laws,
Prevent new little branches from growing......
But, Lord, I ask that you would make us to be parents with vision and faith.
For, Lord, you are faithful! 
In all things, Lord, you are faithful!
Let us trust you, Lord, for you are faithful!








Your word describes those who trust in you as trees planted by living waters,
mighty,
flourishing,
growing.
I see the blessing of the faithful passed down through the generations.
And I praise you, Lord, for you are faithful!
I will trust you, lord, for you are faithful!






Lord, I humbly ask you to bless these children.
Help my siblings and me to pray, inspire, instruct and build up the next generation.
Remind us through your Spirit to speak of you and your Son often.
To speak of heaven, unbelief and hell, and your word, which fails not.
For, Lord, you are faithful! 
Lord, you are faithful.
I will trust you, Lord, for you are faithful!
Amen.



2 comments:

  1. A prayer so sweet, Dear Emmy. Amen and Amen. I love you, Honey...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful song, Emmy! May we all sing it with all our hearts!

    ReplyDelete